Monday 12 September 2011

Peanut Chicken Stirfry

I have been asked to remember this recipe as I cooked it for a friend and she really enjoyed it! I have left the actual recipe in Leeds, so I will make any adjustments when I have it in front of me again!

Chicken - 2-3 breasts, depending on how many you're cooking for. I've tried it with boneless thighs and it's not as good. quite bad actually.
1 teaspoon of chili powder- can change to your personal taste
1 inch of root ginger, chopped into matchsticks
1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped
cook in groundnut oil (can use other oil but I wouldn't really recommend olive)
1- 1 and 1/2 onion, depending on how much you like it
3-4 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
Rice to accompany

Optional;
mange tout or sugar snap
Baby sweetcorn                              as many as you like, if you like

Fry off the chicken in the oil, with the onion, ginger, garlic, mange tout/baby sweetcorn.
When you are sure this is cooked, coat the mix in the chili powder, add the peanut butter and soy sauce, and stir well to mix.

This second step does not take long and you don't want to keep the peanut butter in the pan too long as it will stick and ruin your pan!

Serve with rice and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment