Sunday 8 January 2012

Somebody that I used to know.

Michael sent me this song last night and I can't stop listening to it! 



there are too many things I love about it; her voice, the middle mans voice, the face of the man on the far left - very confused, the man on the far right who gets a pluck every now and then, how the start sounds like ba ba black sheep. It's a beautiful song and I like the original by Gotye, but I definitely prefer this girls voice over Kimbra on the original. I couldn't honestly tell you how many times I've already listened to it, but its probably nearly 30. 

I don't want to sound morbid or emo or anything, but I think it's a little bit because I can relate to the words too. Hope you enjoy it too :) Oh they're called 'Walk Off the Earth' and they've done A LOT of cool covers, I'd definitely recommend searching them on your next youtube binge. 

I haven't got a lot to write about today, I woke up with a migraine. Worked on an essay and then a presentation all day. Had a bacon sandwich for lunch. Had fajita's with Theana for tea. Watched 500 days of summer and I've felt a bit sad ever since. How has your day been?


5 comments:

  1. This is amazing! It kinda reminds me of Rodrigo Y Gabriela, but more people/less guitars! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh really? Might have to have a look for those then! I love finding new music :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree its a really great song!
    hope you can join my makeup giveaway!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! i hadn't seen this video before :)i hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! I am also hosting a giveaway :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge lover of covers! It's weird but I love when men sing women's songs. I can't remember the band, maybe NOFX, sang Like A Prayer and it was amazing! Great song!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete