Thursday 16 May 2013

Day 16, Thursday: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it

So I failed at the challenge yesterday- I just had too much going on and couldn't take pictures all the time (I was giving a talk to prospective students, campus tours, then off to work and more meetings) so that sucks big time! But I did try (in all the hours before I left the house..)

Anyways, onto the next one. I'm unsure about this one.. what is my lot in life?

But to be honest, the only difficult thing in my life is getting out of bed efficiently in the morning.

everything else I can deal with. Yeah I have 12,000 words to submit on Monday, that's fine. Yeah my boy's out in Afghanistan, that's okay, we're managing. My family are a good 7 hours away, I'm missing my niece, but I get regular updates. I'm good at managing, I reflect on my general day to day and I always let my feelings out, so nothing is ever really on top of me (unless I'm on my period, then I have little time for anyone else, that's such a bad week).

I guess something that I can't change (which is my lot? is that right? something that I have that affects me and I can't really do anything about it so how I can manage it? who knows.) is (something I've blogged about before) PCOS. That one does bother me. It changes my moods all over the place, I have so many side effects, I always have to work on my diet and exercise.. it's a whole kettle of fish.

To manage it, I keep on top of all those side effects, I let it do whatever it's going to do, I don't take any additional hormones, I avoid caffeine and carbs, I exercise daily, I follow the doctors advice. I'm extra nice to Michael most of the time to make up for the days that I want to be left alone, but he's such a lovely boy he understands all of that and has me anyways (what a saint!).

I guess PCOS is not something I'm going to be able to overcome per se, I just hope to get to a place (much like where I am now) that I can manage it and not let it get me down.


p.s. I submitted a big essay today so I'm feeling pretty upbeat! 

3 comments:

  1. Aww I totally checked your blog like three times yester to see when you will be uploading the a day in photos challenge! But yea that one is a bit time consuming.
    I had no idea you had PCOS, which I also never heard about, so thanks for educating me with that post. The self-esteem issue it causes I think is the most unfortunate but it seems that you are very health conscious as a result so I guess that is a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I do do photo-an-hour posts so I'll make sure I get another one up soon (after Monday's deadline I will be free and interesting again, woohoo!). Ah you're welcome, I'm sure you're suitably grossed out, haha.

      Delete
  2. I am the same as you in regards to getting up...that would be my only lot in life thingy.

    PCOS I have never heard of that but now I am educated ...i have ulcerative colitis if you want to be grossed out..ha, team gross :D

    ReplyDelete