Wednesday 19 June 2013

Knobbly Knees.

I have been helping my boss clean out her closet and drawers of old things that she no longer wants or needs. I love getting organised and her room looks so much better for it! It also means I get first dibs on her clothes ;) It got me thinking though, and meant I ended up looking at my belongings and deciding if I needed everything I have. Especially seeing as I am moving home soon and I'm sure it won't all fit in my car.. So yes. I decided to get rid of some clothes, and on the pile was a pair of bootcut jeans that made me feel fat. I don't need this jeans, but I do need a new pair or shorts. Therefore, I went Edward-scissor-hands on them, and chopped away. I plan on making them a lot prettier - finishing up the stitching and perhaps even embroidering or generally customising them, but for now they are suitable :) 

 


I've tried doing something like this before and cutting too short too early, so I went in stages (as you would when cutting a fringe) to make sure I didn't over do it! They're fine, not particularly amazing at the moment but a work in progress.

I'm sorry I've been AWOL - I've been taking a bit of time to recooperate from missing Michael, the long interview trip and working long days. I need to crack on with my essay too so I have no idea when the next post will be, and for that I'm very sorry. Please bear with me.


2 comments:

  1. yay for first dibs on clothes!!

    the shorts look good to me, I can't even cut straight :(

    good luck with the essay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) well, they are no finished so hopefully they will look even better!

      Delete