Sunday 2 June 2013

Where you'd like to be in 10 years time.

I don't do this. I used to, but I'm not a life planner anymore. It's actually why my blog is called improvised intentions- when I went travelling during summer 2010 I had it all planned, and it was going to be so great I wanted to travel for a whole year after uni. I hated it. I didn't hate it, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted and I really could not see myself doing it for a whole year after uni. So I was lost. and I wasn't sure what to do - I'd literally sat on that plan since I was 15 and a volunteering company came to school and did a powerpoint.

So I was sad and confused about it for a good month, and then I let it go. and just accepted it wasn't part of my life plans. From there, I decided I wasn't going to plan such huge milestones, but handle perhaps the next 6 months - because anything can change in six months.

I guess generally and roughly thinking about it, in 10 years I will be 31/32 so I'd like to have a house and be married (to Michael). I suppose a child would come in there somewhere too but I'm not sure about that yet. My house will be incredible and decorated just so. I will hopefully be in a job that I want to be in (and will have trialed a good couple just to make sure that is the job I want), that has a good part-time option for when I take maternity leave and if I want to return back to work etc!

Interesting prompt. I like to see how much of a variation everyone else's will have!


6 comments:

  1. I wrote a bunch of points for today then I saw a prompt later on about where do you see yourself in the future, so I took this one literally.
    I love how you specifically pointed out how you would have a nicely decorated home! I never thought about that but yea totally, I can finally paint my walls whatever color I fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's what's most important to me right now! a lovely house! I am far too tired of living like a student in a grubby place.

      Delete
  2. Big house, plenty of money in the bank, and still happy in love with my Tom :-) I'd sign for that :-) And still looking young and cute, lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, definitely with you on the young and cute thing!

      Delete
  3. An incredible house sounds like a good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I wish I would have included decorated just so in my cottage requirements. I think it's easier to do shorter term goals...at least it is for me. I have a hard time focusing, so shorter goals are easier. Sounds like you have it all figured out-great plan!

    ReplyDelete